Community Health SSU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS PUBLIC HEALTH 03.21.13

Go down

THIS IS PUBLIC HEALTH 03.21.13 Empty THIS IS PUBLIC HEALTH 03.21.13

Post  Admin Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:38 am

Welcome to The Virtual Water Cooler!

This practicum emphasizes integration of professional nursing roles and public/community health concepts. You will apply the nursing process and concepts to individuals, families, and communities in both homes and schools to facilitate movement toward achieving one's maximum potential for daily living and learning.

As you are dispersed over a widespread geographic area, we will utilize this forum as our venue for post clinical discussions. The purpose of this format is to share knowledge, reflect on ideas, and improve critical thinking.

A question/situation will be posted by 6PM Thursday evening. ALL responses are due by 6PM Friday evening. Your participation in this post clinical discussion is reflected in your summative evaluation.

You must post a primary discussion to the question/situation presented. This response must be backed up with cited documentation from relevant journals or your class book. You must also post a secondary response to some else's primary response. This secondary response need not be cited. Be sure to remember "netiquette:"

Guidelines include:

1. Respond thoughtfully to a topic from your own experience.
2. Provide links and resources related to the topic that would be of interest to other participants.
3. Pose a thought-provoking question related to the topic.
4. Collect multiple perspectives on a topic or provide an alternate perspective to the one currently
dominating the discussion.
5. Thoughtfully rebut another participant’s comments. .
6. Write in the first person (this is your opinion)
7. Avoid cursory, non-contributory posts, such as "I agree" or "great idea." If you agree (or disagree)
with a post, then say why--and support your statement with concepts from the online lecture or
assigned readings, or by sharing a related example or experience
8. Avoid using texting abbreviations in your posts.
9. This space is a post clinical discussion not a party, and readability and clarity are the goals,
not perfect punctuation although...perfect punctuation is welcome.

Thanks! I hope you enjoy this aspect of your clinical experience. I learn as much from your perspectives as I hope you all do.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

https://jescssu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down